Making cheese crackers from scratch is a fun, easy way to cut out the artificial ingredients and preservatives typically found in store-bought varieties. Ready to eat in 25 minutes, this recipe for cheese crackers features ingredients like cheddar cheese, unsalted butt... Making cheese crackers from scratch is a fun, easy way to cut out the artificial ingredients and preservatives typically found in store-bought varieties. Ready to eat in 25 minutes, this recipe for cheese crackers features ingredients like cheddar cheese, unsalted butter, salt, flour and savory seasoning. Crunchy and full of cheesy goodness, this cheese crackers recipe is easy to make and can be adjusted to your taste preference by using different cheeses and herbs. Homemade cheese crackers are a delicious snack that can be enjoyed on their own or as a topping to soup, crunched up in salads or sprinkled on top of your favorite casserole. We suggest doubling the recipe because these cheesy crackers will surely be a hit! Recipe & Photo Credit: Tasty. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoon 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons savory seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- 2 In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer add the cheddar cheese, butter, Savory Seasoning, and salt until well combined.
- 3 Mix in the flour and add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together but crumbles apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- 4 Separate the dough into 2 halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 5 Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick, pinching the cracks on the ends.
- 6 Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
- 7 Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 8 Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner