Parmesan chicken lovers, prep your taste buds! This recipe is a fresh take on a favorite classic, using lemon juice, Kitchen Basics® Chicken Stock and white wine for a crisp, light sauce. Seasoned with McCormick® Sea Salt and coated with a crispy panko breading, this chicken is best served over angel hair pasta with lemon wedges and a chopped parsley garnish.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup unseasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound thin-sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 Mix 1/4 cup Parmesan and panko in shallow dish. Mix flour and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in separate dish. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then in egg. Coat chicken evenly with panko mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, as needed. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- 2 Stir wine and garlic into skillet, stirring to release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in chicken stock, lemon juice, cream and remaining sea salt. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- 3 Toss pasta in sauce and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Serve with chicken and garnish with fresh lemon wedges and chopped parsley, if desired.