Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® California Style Coarse Grind Blend Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
- 2 Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3 Mix half-and-half and cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Add to skillet along with tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, seasonings and Parmesan cheese. Bring to boil, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 4 Stir in pasta; toss gently to coat. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Shrimp Variation: Use 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, in place of the chicken. Cook and stir shrimp in melted butter 2 minutes. Continue as directed.