Smoked spices take pickles to a whole new flavor level, lending a smoky note to the pickling liquid. In this recipe, curry powder and spices smoked on the stovetop make for unforgettable cucumber and strawberry pickles.
Ingredients 32 Servings
- 2 pounds pickling cucumbers
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Curry Powder, smoked
- 1 tablespoon non-iodized salt, smoked
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice, smoked
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Yellow Mustard Seed, smoked
- 1 Rinse cucumbers and strawberries well with cold water. Trim ends then cut cucumbers into 1/4-inch thick slices. Hull strawberries then halved lengthwise. Place cucumbers, strawberries and onion in large glass bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Mix remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly. Pour over cucumber mixture.
- 3 Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner