Spicy, sweet and creamy, this southern dish has it all. Season shrimp with McCormick® Jazzy Seasoning before pan-sautéing and serving over a rich bowl of steaming grits for majorly kicked-up flavor. Recipe & Photo Credit: Tasty.
Ingredients 3 Servings
- 1 tablespoon jazzy seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 cup stone-ground corn grits or polenta, (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- To Assemble:
- 4 slices bacon, uncooked
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 To make the shrimp, mix together the Jazzy Seasoning, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 2 To make the grits, bring the water or stock to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Once boiling, whisk in the grits. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, whisking often, until the grits begin to thicken. If the grits are bubbling and spurting too much, cover the pot partially with a lid, but make sure not to cover fully. Continue whisking frequently until the grits are tender, about 1 hour. If the grits get too thick before they are fully cooked, add 1/4 cup (60 ml) cooking liquid at a time. Once cooked, stir in the cheddar cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Keep warm before serving.
- 3 While the grits are cooking, place the bacon strips in a cold medium skillet. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook the bacon until crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the bacon fat behind, and drain on paper towels. Once the bacon is cool, chop and reserve.
- 4 Add the garlic to the bacon fat in the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over medium low heat until fragrant. Add the shrimp, white wine, and chicken stock to pan. Cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, then remove from the pan.
- 5 Return chopped bacon to pan and cook for about a minute, until the liquid in the pan reduces slightly to make a sauce.
- 6 Spoon the grits into bowls and top with the shrimp. Spoon the bacon sauce over the shrimp and garnish with chives.
- 7 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner