Roasted eggplant slices replace the noodles in this gluten-free vegetarian lasagna. To make ahead, assemble the lasagna then cover and refrigerate. Bake as directed.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (about 24 slices)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Onion Salt, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Place eggplant slices in single layer on baking sheet sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Spray eggplant lightly with no stick cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove baking sheet from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and 1 teaspoon each of the basil and onion salt. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through; stirring occasionally.
- 3 Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon basil and 1/2 teaspoon onion salt; mix well.
- 4 Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with 8 eggplant slices. Spread with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture then 1 cup tomato sauce. Layer with 8 eggplant slices and remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Top with remaining 8 eggplant slices and remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- 5 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lasagna is bubbling and cheese is browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Read labels of all recipe ingredients to ensure all are gluten-free.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner