The combination of rosemary and oregano offer flavor-filled one-two punch. For variety, serve this quick and nutritious ratatouille with whole wheat pasta instead of the polenta.
Ingredients 6 (2 slices polenta and 2/3 cup ratatouille) Servings
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, , undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 roll (16 ounces) ready-to-eat polenta, cut into 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices
- 1 Mix rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, sea salt and pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add eggplant; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, 2 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture and sugar; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in vinegar.
- 3 Meanwhile, brush polenta slices with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture, pressing lightly to adhere to both sides. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add polenta slices, several at a time; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve ratatouille over polenta slices.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner