Create a rich, flavorful sauce for bratwurst with French’s® Stone Ground Dijon Mustard, McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix and your favorite German beer. Served with onions and mashed potatoes, these beer braised brats will make any night of the week feel like Oktoberf... Create a rich, flavorful sauce for bratwurst with French’s® Stone Ground Dijon Mustard, McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix and your favorite German beer. Served with onions and mashed potatoes, these beer braised brats will make any night of the week feel like Oktoberfest. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds bratwurst, (about 8 links)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) German beer, such as Dunkel
- 1 cup original beef stock
- 2 packages McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 tablespoons French's® Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- 1 Heat oil in large deep skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add brats; sear about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 2 Melt butter in same skillet on medium heat. Stir in onions, thyme and pepper. Cook and stir 15 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- 3 Whisk beer, stock, brown gravy mix and mustard in medium bowl until well blended. Add to skillet with onions, stirring to remove any browned bits from bottom. Bring to boil. Return brats to skillet, turning to coat in sauce mixture. Reduce heat; simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and brats are cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F). Serve brats and onions with mashed potatoes.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner