Indulge in crispy, restaurant-style taquitos at home, with a little help from our Original Taco Seasoning Mix. This handy seasoning mix brings robust Mexican flavor to chicken taquito filling. Spoon mixture into corn tortillas, roll, bake and enjoy.
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 20 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 minutes until softened. Stir in tomatoes and Seasoning Mix; cook 5 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- 2 Stir cheese into chicken mixture in skillet. Divide mixture evenly and spread down the center of each tortilla (about 1 heaping tablespoon per tortilla). Roll tightly into taquitos. Place taquitos, seam side down, on large foil-lined baking pan. Spray the tops of the taquitos lightly with no stick cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- 3 Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool slightly. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner