This masterpiece of a cake is laced with our fragrant Warming Spice Blend and finished with a lusciously indulgent labneh (Israeli cream cheese) frosting.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- Labneh Frosting
- 2 cups labneh
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Warming Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spiced Honey Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoon Warming Spice Blend
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 For the Labneh Frosting, whisk all ingredients in medium bowl with until well blended and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Spiced Honey Cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans. Set aside. Mix flour, Warming Spice Blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl until well blended.
- 3 Whisk eggs, sugar, honey, milk, oil and vanilla in separate medium bowl until well mixed. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until well blended and smooth. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- 4 Bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosed sides of cake. Remove cakes from pans.
- 5 Level off tops of cooled cakes using a serrated knife. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with about 1/2 cup of the Labneh Frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining Frosting. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled. Garnish as desired.
- 6 Test Kitchen Tip: To prepare as cupcakes, spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full. Bake about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Pipe or spread with Labneh Frosting and garnish as desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner