Kim Ima, a mobile food truck pioneer, shares her wealth of recipes in the cookbook, The Treat Truck Baking Book. Ima’s treats remind us of being a kid, and of sharing with family and friends. Bake up a batch of these nutty oatmeal cookies sandwiched with a creamy ginger fill... Kim Ima, a mobile food truck pioneer, shares her wealth of recipes in the cookbook, The Treat Truck Baking Book. Ima’s treats remind us of being a kid, and of sharing with family and friends. Bake up a batch of these nutty oatmeal cookies sandwiched with a creamy ginger filling to share this holiday. Photo credit: Susan Whetzel from Doughmesstic. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 12 (1 cookie sandwich) Servings
- Nutty Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Ginger Buttercream Filling
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Cookies, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in oats and pecans.
- 2 Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or medium cookie scoop 2 inches apart onto greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 Meanwhile, for the Ginger Buttercream Filling, beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until well blended after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Add cinnamon and ginger; beat until well blended. To assemble cookie sandwiches, spread about 2 tablespoons of the filling on the flat side of 1 cookie. Top with a second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner