Spread holiday cheer with a batch of these classic gingerbread cookies with a crunch of toasted almonds. Photo credit: Susan Whetzel from Doughmesstic.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cups sliced almonds
- 1 Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sliced almonds, pressing almonds into dough. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner