Rich McCormick® Vanilla bean paste helps to enhance the nostalgic s’mores flavor of this beautiful cake. Frosted in a marshmallow buttercream frosting – the mirror glaze is – yes – the icing on the cake. The gorgeous mirror effect showcases the va... Rich McCormick® Vanilla bean paste helps to enhance the nostalgic s’mores flavor of this beautiful cake. Frosted in a marshmallow buttercream frosting – the mirror glaze is – yes – the icing on the cake. The gorgeous mirror effect showcases the vanilla beans right in the glaze, making it a dessert for the senses. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 20 Servings
- Graham Cracker Cake
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 box (15.2 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 pack (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Mirror Glaze
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces white chocolate confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton® Candy Melts®
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 For the Graham Cracker Cake, preheat oven to 325°F. Line bottom of two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray with no stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2 Bring cream to simmer in small saucepan; remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Transfer ganache to medium bowl; cover. Refrigerate about 1 hour until thickened but still spreadable, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Meanwhile, beat cake mix, graham cracker crumbs, milk, butter, eggs, Vanilla Bean Paste and cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 30 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4 For the Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, beat butter and marshmallow creme in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in Vanilla Bean Paste. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well after each addition. Add water; beat on medium until light and fluffy. Transfer frosting to piping bag fitted with a wide circle tip.
- 5 To assemble the cake, place bottom cake layer on a cake platter. Pipe a border of frosting around the top edge of the cake. Spread chilled ganache over center of cake, staying inside the border. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides with remaining marshmallow buttercream. Refrigerate frosted cake at least 30 minutes, or until frosting is chilled and completely set.
- 6 For the Mirror Glaze, place white chocolate wafers in a large bowl; set aside. Sprinkle gelatin powder over 2 tablespoons cold water in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 7 Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/2 cup water, sugar and sweetened condensed milk in medium saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- 8 Pour hot mixture over white chocolate wafers. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk vigorously, or blend using an immersion blender, until smooth. Strain glaze through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Stir in Vanilla Bean Paste.
- 9 Remove cake from refrigerator and place on a wire rack set over a large sheet pan. Pour mirror glaze evenly over cake. Lift cake with a large spatula and remove any excess glaze from bottom edge of cake. Allow cake to stand at room temperature about 15 minutes, or until glaze is set, before slicing. Store leftover cake in the refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner