Ingredients 24 (1 cupcake) Servings
- vanilla frosting
- 24 prepared cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Food Color
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, split
- Black string licorice, cut into 48 (2-inch) lengths
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 1 Spoon frosting into medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds. (Frosting should be a pourable consistency.)
- 2 Dip tops of cupcakes into frosting. Let stand 10 minutes or until frosting is dried.
- 3 Mix 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla and red food color in small bowl. Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and black food color in another small bowl.
- 4 For the ladybug body, paint cupcake with red food color mixture using a small clean paint brush. Paint black dots with black food color mixture. For the ladybug head, press a cookie half, creme-side down, on each cupcake. Attach 2 pieces of licorice near the top of the head for the antennae. Use leftover frosting to attach 2 marshmallows, cut-side down, to the cookie for the eyes. Paint a dot on each marshmallow with black food color mixture to complete the eyes.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For easier painting, refrigerate cupcakes for 15 minutes.