Make these lightly spiced muffins with a sweet crumb topping for breakfast or snack time.
Ingredients 12 (1 muffin) Servings
- 2 cups plus 1/3 cup flour, divided
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon Extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Set aside. Mix 2 cups of the flour, 2/3 cup of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg in large bowl. Mix applesauce, milk, oil, egg and cinnamon extract in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2 Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. For the topping, mix remaining 1/3 cup flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and butter in small bowl until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 3 Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Serve warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner