Playfully preserving blood oranges with ingredients like beets, ginger root, and McCormick® Cinnamon Stick, Ground Allspice, and Black Peppercorn creates a deep shift among all the ingredients, inviting a welcome and new flavor experience. Sip this sour on its own, or co... Playfully preserving blood oranges with ingredients like beets, ginger root, and McCormick® Cinnamon Stick, Ground Allspice, and Black Peppercorn creates a deep shift among all the ingredients, inviting a welcome and new flavor experience. Sip this sour on its own, or combine with a mixer for a light, refreshing cocktail - and feel time slow down with every gorgeously delicious sip. Read More Read Less
- 4 cups distilled water
- 2 cups peeled and grated red beets, about 3 to 4 beets
- 2 medium blood oranges, juiced, peel reserved
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup peeled, grated ginger root , (about 4-inch piece)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 McCormick® Cinnamon Sticks, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper Grinder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Fine Global Selects Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Mix all ingredients in large saucepan, including orange peel. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- 2 Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve, discarding solids. Store sipping sour in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve chilled on its own, or mix with Prosecco, to taste. For a mocktail version, simply stir into lemon-lime soda or seltzer water.
Blood Orange and Beet Margarita: Fill rocks glass with ice; set aside. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces Sipping Sour, 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila (such as Espolon®) and 1/2 ounce triple sec (such as Cointreau®). Shake well. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish with blood orange wheel.
Test Kitchen Tip: You can also store sipping sours before straining for later use. Simply transfer cooled mixture, orange peel and all, to glass jars with lids. Seal tightly and refrigerate up to 1 week, or until ready to serve. Strain as directed before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner