Ingredients 15 Servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 8 cups cubed day-old Italian or French bread
- 1 Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in apples and cranberries.
- 2 Spray inside of slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add stock and seasonings; stir to blend. Stir in bread cubes and vegetable mixture. Cover.
- 3 Cook 3 hours on LOW or until desired texture.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For best results, use crisp sweet-tart red apples, such as Empire, Baldwin or Honeycrisp.
For moister stuffing, increase chicken stock to 3 cups.
For drier stuffing, allow bread cubes to air-dry overnight. Optional Ingredients:
Cook 1/2 pound crumbled sausage with the celery and onion.
Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans when adding the apples and cranberries.