Consider this Hearty Vegetable Stew real comfort food, thanks to the rich, vegetable-based flavor of vegetable stock. Loaded with carrots, potatoes and celery, it’s a winner for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike.
Ingredients 9 (1-cup) Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium leek, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Marjoram Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 container (32 ounces) unsalted vegetable stock, (4 cups)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add leeks, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add flour, garlic, salt, marjoram, thyme and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until flour is golden brown.
- 2 Gradually stir in stock. Add tomatoes, potatoes and mushrooms. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.