Tomatoes and courgettes are typical summer vegetables and they can be used in all kinds of creative recipes. These delicious veggies are quick and easy to prepare and will make you shine like a celebrity chef.
I was thrilled at the first sight of the yellow courgettes and their wonderful taste. The marvelous, vibrant color and their nutty, fruity taste make them a great ingredient for summer dishes. Marinaded and grilled, they are a culinary highlight.
I chose spaghettini for this dish because their delicate feel is a beautiful match for spicy and ragout-like sauces. "Long live summer," or as the Italians say: "Viva l'estate!"
Ingredients for 2 servings
- For the sauce: 1 medium onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 6 small vine tomatoes, 150 g green courgettes, 150 g yellow courgettes, 8 tbsps olive oil, 1 good tsp of thyme, 1 tsp oregano, 1 cm dried chilli (depending on how hot you want it), 2 good handfuls of fresh basil leaves, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 to 240 g spaghettini
- Some grated hard cheese
1. Dice the onion and garlic cloves.
2. Cut the tomatoes and courgettes (with peel) into large cubes.
3. Roughly chop the basil leaves.
4. Sauté the diced onion and garlic in 8 tbsps of olive oil until shiny.
5. Add the tomato and pieces of courgette to the frying pan with the thyme, oregano and crumbled chilli pieces and sauté well. Stir occasionally.
6. Add the chopped basil leaves and let the mixture simmer briefly. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Cook the spaghettini according to the instructions on the packet.
8. Arrange the pasta on dinner plates. Spread the sauce over it and top off with grated cheese.
This article was written by dpa and Manfred Zimmer from DPA Prisma Trends and was legally licensed through the Industry Dive Content Marketplace. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.