Create your Flavor Profile!
Find just-for-you recipes, save favorites and more when you customize your Flavor Profile.
1 package Zatarain’s® Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
3/4 cup milk
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1. HEAT oven to 425°F with rack in middle position. Spray baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the melted butter for brushing tops of biscuits.
2. STIR Biscuit Mix, milk and remaining 6 tablespoons melted butter in large bowl 3 minutes or until mixture forms a soft dough. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
3. BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops of biscuits with reserved 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Makes about 10 biscuits.
For Cut-Out Biscuits: Prepare dough as directed above, except place on lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Bake as directed above. Brush tops with reserved 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Creole Buttermilk Breakfast Biscuits: Prepare and bake directed as above adding 1/2 tsp. Zatarian’s® Creole Seasoning, 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon to the dough.
Try any of these!
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño peppers
• 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Test Kitchen Tips: Serve with our Zatarain’s® Gumbo or any hearty soup.
Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Buttermilk Powder, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Dextrose & Salt.