Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1 minute or until softened. Add apples; cook and stir 5 minutes or until apples start to soften.
- 2 Stir in apple juice, dates, lemon juice and vanilla. Add sugar, cinnamon and ginger; stir until well blended. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 3 Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until apples are softened and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Chutney can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and store in refrigerator. To warm chutney, microwave in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.