Thanks to the bright and ripe taste of McCormick® Strawberry Fruit Spread, this easy fruit tart looks impressive but is surprisingly easy to prepare.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 jar (15.8 ounces) McCormick® Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and confectioners’ sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; beat on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until well mixed. Stir in pecans. Divide dough in half. Wrap half of the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 Press remaining half of dough into bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place tart pan on large baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. (Do not remove tart pan from baking sheet.)
- 4 Mix Strawberry Fruit Spread, lemon juice and zest in medium bowl. Spread evenly over crust. Remove remaining dough from refrigerator and crumble evenly over strawberry filling.
- 5 Bake tart 40 minutes until topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner