This strawberry rhubarb pie? It’s really, really good. Brimming with sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb, and the rich, comforting flavor of McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, our tasty take on rhubarb pie makes the perfect dessert for parties, picnics, potl... This strawberry rhubarb pie? It’s really, really good. Brimming with sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb, and the rich, comforting flavor of McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, our tasty take on rhubarb pie makes the perfect dessert for parties, picnics, potlucks, and more Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound strawberries, trimmed and quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Prepare pie crust as directed on package. Roll each crust into 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Press 1 crust into bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Cut remaining crust into 10 strips, about 1-inch wide. Refrigerate pie plate and strips until ready to assemble pie.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, corn starch and salt in small bowl until blended. Mix strawberries, rhubarb and vanilla in separate large bowl. Add sugar mixture to strawberries, stirring gently to coat evenly.
- 3 Spoon filling into prepared pie plate. Arrange pie dough strips to create a lattice top over filling (see Tip below!). Brush lattice with water and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Place pie plate on large shallow baking pan.
Bake on bottom rack 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F. Rotate pie and bake 30 to 35 minutes longer, or until filling is bubbly and crust is browned. Cool pie on wire rack at least 3 hours before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• How to weave a lattice top crust: Using the longer strips for the center of the pie and shorter strips for the edges, arrange 5 of the pie dough strips vertically over top of filling, leaving about 1 inch of space between each strip. Fold back every-other strip (2 & 4) to just above the midline of the pie. Place one of the longer strips across the pie horizontally, just below the fold. Fold vertical strips back down over top of the horizontal strip. Fold back the opposite vertical strips (1, 3, and 5) and place another strip below the first horizontal strip, again leaving about 1 inch of space between them. Fold vertical strips back down over top. Repeat this process with one more strip below, and then 2 strips above the first crosswise strip. Work quickly, as the warm pie filling may make the dough difficult to work with.
• After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner