A sparkle of sugar crystals coats the edges of these slice-and-bake chocolate mint cookies. Prepare for bake sales, lunchbox treats or the holiday cookie platter.
Ingredients 27 (2 cookies) Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Mint Extract
- 1 cup white sugar crystals
- 1 Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Divide dough in half. Roll each into a 12-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll each log in white sugar crystals to coat. Cut logs into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner