Make homemade applesauce with your bounty of apples from the farm stand or apple picking. Serve with roast pork, use in recipes calling for applesauce, or simply enjoy as a snack.
- 1 Place all ingredients in large saucepan. Cook on medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Spoon applesauce into food processor or blender container; cover. Puree until desired consistency. Pour into medium bowl. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with dried cranberries or chopped walnuts, if desired.
• Vanilla Cinnamon Applesauce: Add 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract and 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon in place of the Apple Pie Spice. Prepare as directed.
• Ginger Maple Applesauce: Add 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger and 1 teaspoon McCormick® Maple Extract in place of the Apple Pie Spice. Prepare as directed.
MEET YOUR NEW CULINARY SIDEKICK
Get the Flavor Maker app to discover recipes, help plan meals, organize your spice pantry, and more!
Go To Meal Planner