Reinvent the childhood classic gingerbread cookie into a contemporary holiday treat for all ages with Gingerbread Whoopie Pies filled with luscious Lemon Creme.
Ingredients 30 Servings
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Lemon Creme:
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1 For the Gingerbread Whoopie Pies, mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 Meanwhile, for the Lemon Creme, mix marshmallow creme, butter, cream cheese and lemon extract in medium bowl until well blended. To assemble whoopie pies, place about 1 tablespoon filling on the flat side of 1 cookie. Top with a second cookie, pressing gently to spread the filling. Repeat with remaining cookies. Roll edge of cookies in crushed peppermints or try other toppings like crushed pistachios, rainbow sprinkles, or mini chocolate chips . Store whoopie pies between layers of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- 5 Love gingerbread treats? Try these other tasty recipes: Gingerbread Men Cookies or White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Cookies
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner