Transform an ordinary 13x9-inch cake into a bunny cake that both children and adults will find delightful. Perfect for birthday parties, Easter, or to celebrate spring. Click here for the bunny diagram.
- 1 package (2-layer size) cake mix, any variety
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Neon Food Colors & Egg Dye
1 to 2 containers
- 1 to 2 containers vanilla frosting
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- Assorted candies, such as jelly beans, gumdrops, marshmallows and licorice strings (for decorating)
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla to batter. Bake as directed on package in 13x9-inch baking pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- 2 Cut cake as shown in diagram, to form body, head and ears. Cut out small circle from scraps for the tail or use a marshmallow.
- 3 Assemble cake to form a bunny shape. Stir about 7 drops of desired Neon color into frosting. Spread tinted frosting on cake. Tint coconut the same color as frosting (see Tip). Gently pat onto frosted cake. Sprinkle Neon Green-tinted coconut around bottom of bunny for grass effect. (If desired coconut may be omitted.)
- 4 Use jelly beans, gumdrops and licorice strings for the eye, nose and mouth.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner