Ingredients 6 Servings
- Peach Topping
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced peaches (about 3 medium)
- Spiced Cake
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat baking mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Peach Topping, mix sugar, cinnamon and ginger in small bowl. Melt butter in oven in 9-inch round cake pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar mixture over melted butter. Arrange peach slices in single layer over top. Set aside.
- 2 For the Spiced Cake, mix baking mix, cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl. Beat egg in large bowl. Stir in milk, sour cream and sugar. Stir in dry ingredients until moistened and a soft dough forms. Spread evenly over peaches.
- 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heat proof serving plate, upside down, on top of pan. Invert pan and plate. Let stand a few minutes so sugar mixture can drizzle over cake. Remove pan. Serve warm.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use plums or nectarines in place of the peaches. Prepare and bake as directed.