In this intensely indulgent dessert, bittersweet chocolate pairs with fragrant passion fruit cream to excite all the senses. Garnish with candied fresh basil leaves for an extravagant embellishment. Photo credit: Nicole Shoemaker from Cooking for Keeps.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Bittersweet Chocolate Tortes:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
extra bittersweet (70% cacao)
chocolate, coarsely chopped
- bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup passion fruit liqueur
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Passion Fruit Cream:
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup passion fruit concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 For the Bittersweet Chocolate Tortes, preheat oven to 325°F. Butter 4 (6-ounce) ramekins with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Place ramekins in 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside. Microwave chocolate, remaining 1/2 cup butter and passion fruit liqueur in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Beat eggs, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, basil and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until thickened. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until well blended. Pour evenly into ramekins. Carefully pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- 3 Bake 35 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Carefully remove ramekins from water bath to wire rack. Cool to room temperature.
- 4 For the Passion Fruit Cream, beat mascarpone cheese, passion fruit concentrate, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute or until thickened. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5 To serve, carefully run small knife around each torte to loosen from ramekin. Invert onto dessert plate. Gently remove ramekin. Top with a dollop of Passion Fruit Cream. Garnish with Candied Basil Leaves, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner