Ingredients 24 (1 bar) Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups (3 1/2 sticks) butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Rum Extract With Other Natural Flavors
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, 1 cup (2 sticks) of the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, almond extract and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 2 Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot crust. Let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crust. Set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, bring remaining 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, remaining 1 cup sugar and corn syrup to boil in heavy medium saucepan on medium heat. Boil 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in rum flavor. Spread evenly over chocolate-covered crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4 Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 5 days.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Line pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Use foil handles to remove baked dessert from pan. Place on cutting board and cut into bars.