This homemade margarita checks off all the boxes – bright citrus flavor, sweet-tart pucker, bold blanco tequila and a gorgeous, aromatic rim garnish starring McCormick Flavor Inspirations Key Lime Finishing Sugar.
Ingredients 2 Servings
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Flavor Inspirations Key Lime Finishing Sugar, divided
- 2 lime wedges
- 3 cups ice cubes, divided
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) blanco tequila
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) orange-flavored liqueur, such as triple sec
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Place 1 tablespoon of the Key Lime Sugar on small plate. Wet rims of 2 margarita glasses with lime wedges. Dip glasses into sugar to coat rims. Place 1 cup of the ice into each glass.
- 2 Mix remaining 1 tablespoon Key Lime Sugar and hot water in cocktail shaker, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and remaining 1 cup ice. Shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into prepared glasses.