Treat your chicken wings to the craveable flavors of Suya Spice – a seasoning blend already made popular by West African Street food. Always made with ginger, hot chilies and ground, roasted peanuts, it brings a welcome boldness to chicken wings when combined with lemo... Treat your chicken wings to the craveable flavors of Suya Spice – a seasoning blend already made popular by West African Street food. Always made with ginger, hot chilies and ground, roasted peanuts, it brings a welcome boldness to chicken wings when combined with lemon and oil in this tasty marinade. Grilled until crispy and glazed with a honey-Suya mix, these wings are spicy, smoky, peanutty perfection. Read More Read Less
- 1 Place chicken wings in large resealable plastic bag. Mix 2 tablespoons of the Suya Spice Blend, lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl. Add Suya marinade to bag with wings; seal tightly. Massage marinade into wings 5 minutes, turning bag often. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove wings from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 2 Grill wings over medium-high heat 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning frequently.
- 3 Meanwhile, mix honey and 5 tablespoons of the Suya Spice Blend in large bowl. Transfer hot cooked wings to bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle wings with remaining 1 tablespoon of the Suya Spice Blend to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Suya Spice Blend is a staple seasoning in West Africa, especially in Nigerian cuisine. It is a flavorful dry rub typically made with a base of crushed or powdered peanuts and spices like ginger and cayenne. The nutty, fragrant blend is commonly used to season beef and chicken skewers, but is also great for lamb and fish. It can be used in marinades, sauces, and dressings, as well.
• Substitute jumbo shrimp in place of the wings for finger-licking West African-Inspired Peel-and-Eat Shrimp.
• Grill red pepper strips, just until charred, and toss with the wings to add some color and crunch.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner