Soup’s on! Try this vegetarian-friendly Spicy Tomato Soup tonight. Cook tomatoes, carrots and shallots in oil on the stovetop. Then coat vegetables with a kicked-up blend of McCormick® paprika, red pepper and garlic powder. Roast and puree with Kitchen Basics® Organic Vegetable Stock until smooth. Serve with a sliced avocado garnish for a cool contrast.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved and cored
- 2 medium carrots, quartered
- 4 shallots, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ California Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 container (32 ounces) Kitchen Basics® Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Toss tomatoes, carrots and shallots with oil in large. Sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Place in single layer on foil-lined large baking pan.
- 2 Roast n preheated 425°F oven 45 minutes.
- 3 Place 1/3 of the vegetables and 1/3 of the stock in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until pureed. Repeat with remaining vegetables and stock. Serve with sliced avocado.