This garlicky, gingery, Brown Rice Bibimbap is packed with veggies, enhanced by the delicious taste of Kitchen Basics® Original Vegetable Stock. Garnish with cilantro and add a sunny-side up or poached egg to make the meal complete. Or leave the egg out and enjoy a filling vegan dinner.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Vegetable Stock
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 Bring vegetable stock, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and seasonings to boil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and mushrooms. Cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes, until the cabbage is slightly softened and some liquid remains. Remove from heat.
- 2 Add cooked brown rice to the mixture stirring gently until blended. Spoon 1/2 cup of rice into 6 bowls and top with rows of carrots, scallions and red bell peppers placed next to each other. Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.
- 3 Test Kitchen Tip: To make into an entree, add a poached or sunny side up egg on top of each bowl.