The days and hours may blur together lately, but one thing is for sure, when it’s time for happy hour, it’s still time for happy hour! Whether that looks like cocktails for two on the back patio or a virtual reinvention of your favorite bar hangout, our Strawberry Lime Frozen Margaritas and Red Hot ‘Ritas are a fun way to twist up the classics.
How to Make a Red Hot ‘Rita
This spicy upgrade to the traditional marg will not disappoint. You’re in control of the Frank’s RedHot, so make it as kicked up (or not) as you want!
1. Step one? Rim the glass of your choice with a lime wedge and then dip glass rim into sugar to coat the edges. This sweet-tart garnish is the perfect balance for the heat this margarita brings to the table.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 1 ½ oz (3 tbsp tequila), 1 oz (2 tbsp triple sec) and 1 oz (2tbsp) lime juice.
3. Make it spicy! Add ½ tsp – or more – Frank’s RedHot and 1 ½ tbsp sugar. Shake, shake and shake some more!
4. Pour into your rimmed glass. Between the gorgeous pink hue from the hot sauce, and the balanced, refreshing heat, there are so many reasons to love this drink. Get the full recipe here.
How to Make a Strawberry Lime Frozen Margarita
Both the lime simple syrup and salt garnish on this cocktail are made with the bright, citrusy taste of McCormick Pure Lime Extract. No limes required!
1. Begin with the lime simple syrup. Mix 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water and ½ tsp salt into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp McCormick Pure Lime Extract. Set aside to cool.
2. Now for the lime salt. Mix 1 tsp lime extract into 1 cup salt. That’s it! Then wet the rim of your glass with water and dip the rim into the lime salt.
3. Blend the ‘rita! Place a cup of frozen strawberries into your blender with ¼ cup tequila, 2 tbsp cooled simple syrup and blend. Pour into your favorite margarita glasses and enjoy every sweet sip of this frosty, fruity margarita bursting with flavor. Get the recipe here.
Still thirsty? Follow along with our step-by-step for the cocktails above on our Instagram Cook with Us story.
Perfect your bartending skills with this collection of McCormick beverage recipes. From warm to cool and mocktail to cocktail, there’s something for every happy hour. Cheers!