Ingredients 12 Servings
- 6 chicken thighs, (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 pound lean smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place sausage, bell peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes, bouillon and water, bay leaves, thyme and garlic powder in slow cooker. Stir to blend well. Top with chicken and sprinkle with black pepper. Cover.
- 2 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- 3 Gently stir in rice. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH until rice is tender. Remove bay leaves and chicken bones before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.