Ingredients 24 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans in large bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Spread remaining batter into lightly greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until firm.
- 2 Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after every minute. Cool 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over baked layer in pan, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonfuls over caramel layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- 3 Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan. Cut into bars.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Line pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Use foil handles to remove baked dessert from pan. Place on cutting board and cut into bars.