Coated in a batter of chickpea flour and our Cooling Spice Blend, Paneer Pakora is a popular comfort food with roots in Indian cuisine. Complete the dish with creamy Raita Sauce, spiked with our Cooling Spice Blend for balanced, calm flavor.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Cooling Raita Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cooling Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden™ Ginger Stir-In Paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- Paneer Pakoras
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons Cooling Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound paneer cheese, cut into 1/2-inch sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 For the Raita, mix all ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Paneer Pakoras, pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat. Whisk water, chickpea flour, Cooling Spice Blend and baking soda in large bowl until smooth. Stir in zucchini and onion until well blended.
- 3 Place paneer sticks in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, tossing gently to coat. Add paneer to bowl with batter, mixing gently to coat. Shake off excess batter before transferring to fryer.
- 4 Fry paneer in batches, about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm Paneer Pakoras with Cooling Raita Sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner