Peppery arugula. Crisp cucumbers. Tender tomatoes. Lightly toasted pita and salty Feta cheese. What’s not to love about this simple chopped Lebanese salad? Finish with a tangy homemade vinaigrette starring McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Shawarma Seasoning before serv... Peppery arugula. Crisp cucumbers. Tender tomatoes. Lightly toasted pita and salty Feta cheese. What’s not to love about this simple chopped Lebanese salad? Finish with a tangy homemade vinaigrette starring McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Shawarma Seasoning before serving. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Shawarma
- See tip below to make your own Shawarma Spice Blend!
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 2 pita breads, lightly toasted and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Mix vinegar, lemon juice, Shawarma Seasoning and sugar in large bowl. Gradually add olive oil, while mixing with wire whisk, until well blended.
- 2 Add vegetables, arugula, pita pieces and parsley; toss to coat with dressing. Sprinkle with feta. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Don't have our Shawarma Spice Blend? Here's the recipe to make your own!
Mix 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Coriander, 1 teaspoon each McCormick® Ground Allspice, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon each McCormick® Ground Ginger and Ground Turmeric, and 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper in small bowl until well blended. Store any remaining Shawarma Spice Blend in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner