Experience the rich flavors and aromas that Moroccan cuisine offers via the earthy spices and tangy flavors the country is known for. Keep McCormick® Turmeric, Cumin and Cinnamon on hand to create North African meals whenever you’re inspired.
The traditional version of Spiced Chicken Tagine features chicken and vegetables bathed in Moroccan spices, stewed in a special tagine pot and finished with preserved lemons and olives for a tangy bite. With our everyday recipe, you can make this version right on the stove, using a bold blend of McCormick® spices to cut down on ingredients – not on flavor.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsps McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1 tsp McCormick® Turmeric, Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 2 tbsps brining liquid from jar of olives