- Ube Cake
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons Artificial Ube Flavor
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Young Coconut Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coconut Extract With Other Natural Flavors
fresh young coconut meat, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Cake, spray 3 (6-inch) round cake pans with no stick cooking spray. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter, sugar and extract with electric mixer on medium speed until light & fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing just until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk on low speed mixing just until blended after each addition. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 2 Bake 32 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- 3 Meanwhile, for the Frosting, beat heavy cream, sugar and extract in large bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut.
To assemble, place first cake layer on serving platter. Spread 3/4 cup frosting over top. Add remaining cake layers, spreading 3/4 cup frosting in between. Frost top and sides of cake evenly with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with flaked coconut, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• To make a shorter cake, use 3 (8-inch) round cake pans. Reduce bake time to 15 to 20 minutes. Assemble as directed.
• For a quick & easy version of this recipe, prepare using boxed white cake mix! Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using whole eggs. Stir in 4 teaspoons McCormick® Ube Extract. Divide among prepared pans and bake as directed on package.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner