This quick and easy brownie recipe is just the thing for the sweet tooth in your life. Made with a box mix, swapping flaxseed for eggs, and rich McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, these eggless brownies come out of the oven fudgy, decadent and delicious - just like the tra... This quick and easy brownie recipe is just the thing for the sweet tooth in your life. Made with a box mix, swapping flaxseed for eggs, and rich McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, these eggless brownies come out of the oven fudgy, decadent and delicious - just like the traditional version! Check out our fun frosting tip below – perfect if you’re following a dairy-free or vegan lifestyle. Read More Read Less
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flaxseed and water in medium bowl until well blended. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Spray with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2 Whisk flaxseed mixture. Stir in brownie mix, oil and vanilla, just until blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 3 Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs, rotating pan halfway through baking. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Use foil handles to remove cooled brownies from pan onto cutting board. Cut into squares to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Make these brownies a little extra special—top with frosting and your choice of decoration! Use your favorite brand of canned frosting or make your own!
• For an easy dairy-free buttercream, beat 1 cup dairy-free or vegan butter (softened) and 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, beating on low speed after each addition. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk, mixing until well blended and smooth. Pipe or spread over brownies before cutting into squares.
• If using canned frosting, try adding your favorite McCormick® extract. Amp up the overall flavor of any store bought canned frosting by stirring in 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract. For a sweet, fruity twist, add 1/2 teaspoon Raspberry Extract to 1 can (16 ounces) white frosting or 1 teaspoon to chocolate frosting. For a touch of sweet citrus, try adding 1/2 teaspoon Orange Extract for either white or chocolate frosting.
• If you follow a dairy-free or vegan diet, please double check brownie mixes and other ingredients to ensure they meet your dietary guidelines!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner