This unique twist on quesadillas is ideal for using up extra bits left over from a cheese board!
But here's one idea we hadn't thought of before: Stuffed inside a tortilla. Food stylist and Ain't Too Proud to Meg blogger Meg Quinn took to Instagram to inspire us and change our snacking game once and for all—in a matter of seconds.
She starts with the same concept of the TikTok tortilla hack that we're already sold on, and upgrades it with cheese board fixings … talk about a brilliant way to put those leftovers from last night's snack-a-thon to good use for lunch the next day!
Here's how Quinn suggests constructing your cured meat creation:
- Use scissors or a knife to cut a slit from the bottom to the center of the tortilla, stopping at halfway.
- Place thin slices of prosciutto in the top right quadrant, sliced Brie cheese and fig jam below (this will position the cheese in a very melt-friendly location), dressed fresh arugula leaves in the bottom left quarter and sliced apples in the top left.
- Carefully fold the arugula portion up to meet the apples, fold that double-decker layer on top of the prosciutto, then fold once more to create a pie-shaped pocket that's enclosed on all of the flat ends.
- Place in a non-stick skillet, on a grill pan or press inside a panini-make until the cheese is gooey and the tortilla is golden brown.
Once you've mastered the classic, Quinn has another twist using honey-drizzled blue cheese instead of the fig and brie blend, dijon mustard-topped smoked turkey in place of the prosciutto and sliced pears as a sub for the apples.
This concept seems to have zero limits. A few combos we now have on our to-try list (adding that quarter of arugula to all, of course, for a pop of color, crunch and freshness):
- Cheddar, apples, apple butter
- Manchego, peaches, honey
- Mozzarella, tomato, pesto
- Pecorino Romano, fresh figs, whole grain mustard
Now the only tough choice will be which TikTok hack snack to try first?