• Substitute 1/4 tsp. Ground Mace for 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg.
• Add 1/4 tsp. to batter for a 2-layer chocolate cake.
• Add a pinch to lemon glaze, baked custard, sliced fresh fruit or fruit salad dressing.
• Use in pound cake, cakes, cookies, coffee cakes, brownies, nut breads, Danish pastries, fruit pies, steamed pudding or puddings.
• Use on fish or poultry dishes such as creamed chicken or turkey.
• Add to spinach, carrots, asparagus, sweet potatoes and yellow vegetables.
• Sprinkle on hot chocolate, eggnog and milk shakes.
This product has no significant nutritional value.
I use Mace year round, in different recipes. lLove the flavor it gives to fruit desserts.
Theodosia Williams | October 01, 2013 |