Beef and vegetables are flavored by a rich sauce of red wine with herbs and spices in this one-crust pot pie. Use a prepared pie crust to keep preparation simple. Photo credit: Amy Johnson from She Wears Many Hats.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix flour, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper in shallow dish. Toss beef strips with flour mixture.
- 2 Spray large nonstick skillet with no stick cooking spray. Add beef and onions; cook and stir on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned. Add remaining ingredients, except pie crust; mix well. Bring to boil. Pour into 9-inch deep dish pie plate or 2-quart round baking dish. Top with pie crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut several slits in top.
- 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner