NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on June 14, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 21, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The PreBQ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama and Nebraska, or 21 years old in Mississippi) as of the date of entry. McCormick & Company, Incorporated (“Sponsor”), Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd. (“Administrator”), its and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and each of their employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and which Sponsor and Administrator may decide in their sole discretion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by McCormick & Company, Incorporated, 24 Schilling Road, Suite 1, Hunt Valley, MD 21031. This Sweepstakes is administered by Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd., 7 Switchbud Place, Suite 192-305, The Woodlands, TX 77380.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you must visit www.GrillMates.com and navigate to the McCormick PreBQ sweepstakes entry webpage. Then, complete and submit the entry form available on the McCormick PreBQ sweepstakes entry webpage, including your answers to the short barbeque-related questions and all required information, such as your valid home address, name and email address or any other required information. Upon successful completion and submission of the entry form, you will automatically be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. By entering, you agree that Sponsor and Administrator may contact you via the information provided, including by email. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties may be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the entry form will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will disqualify that participant’s entries, and that participant and/or entries may be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor and Administrator or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about June 23, 2022, Sponsor or Administrator will select the names of the prize winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. Each prize winner will be notified by email on or about June 27, 2022.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor and Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If Sponsor and Administrator are unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate drawings or if Sponsor and Administrator fail to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the prize available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prizes.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by SponsoR AND ADMINISTRATOR, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until participant’s eligibility HAS been verified and participant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. PRIZE: One hundred thirty-five (135) total prizes will be awarded to one hundred thirty-five (135) individual prize winners. Each prize winner will receive one (1) Grill Kit (including an apron, grilling tools, cutting board, meat thermometer, and Grill Mates® products). Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $150.00. Total ARV of all prizes: $20,250.00.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one prize per person and per household address. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, a prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Sponsor shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any aspect of Prize Winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Administrator and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries, lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions, or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor and Administrator. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website, application, or program associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, including force majeure events such as but not limited to strike, fire, war, terrorist or governmental action, pandemic, widespread illness, or any other disruptive event beyond Sponsor’s control, impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment, then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES; PUBLICITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEBSITEOR APPLICATION PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, ANY OTHER ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE MARKETING, PROMOTION, DEVELOPMENT, ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, OR FULFILLMENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR PREPARATION, MANUFACTURE, PROVISION, OR DELIVERY OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE COMPONENT, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURANCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR PROGRAM.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. DISPUTES. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland or the appropriate State Court located in Baltimore County, MD; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00)), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://mccormick.com/grill-mates/prebq-terms. For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within ninety (90) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to: Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd., 7 Switchbud Place, Ste. 192, The Woodlands, TX, 77380, Attn: McCormick PreBQ 2022 Sweepstakes. Vermont residents may exclude return postage on requests for Official Rules.
© 2022 McCormick & Company, Inc. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved