Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Vegetable Stock
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) young jackfruit in brine, drained
- 1 Mix stock, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, garlic and spices in slow cooker. Add jackfruit. Cover.
- 2 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH, stirring halfway through cooking.
- 3 Shred jackfruit in slow cooker. Serve on rolls, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip : Jackfruit is a large tropical fruit that is deceptively meat-like in texture. With a slightly sweet, yet mild flavor, young jackfruit will easily take on savory flavors to create delicious meatless dishes.