A old-fashioned dessert of apples stuffed with oats, cranberries, walnuts and spices makes for a delicious end to a fall dinner.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 4 apples, such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious, halved lengthwise and cored
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- apple juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Pierce skin and flesh of apples with fork. Place skin-side down in 13x9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- 2 Mix brown sugar, oats, butter and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Add spices; mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Fill core of each apple half with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture, spreading on top of apple. Pour cider into dish. Cover dish with foil.
- 3 Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner