Now you can make this tasty restaurant specialty at home as a main dish or appetizer. Add the easy-to-make orange sauce for the perfect flavor accent.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Tempura Seafood Batter Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade or pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Pour oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat on medium heat to 375°F.
- 2 Stir Batter Mix, ginger and water in medium bowl until mixed. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Place 1/2 of the coconut on large plate.
- 3 Dip shrimp, a few at a time, into batter. Shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Carefully add shrimp, several pieces at a time, to hot oil. Fry 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp and batter. Add remaining coconut as needed.
- 4 Heat marmalade, orange juice and soy sauce until marmalade is melted. Serve with shrimp.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner