The ultimate in easy comfort, this dish relies on McCormick® Zesty Seasoning to infuse both rice and chicken with hints of lemon, thyme and basil. And the best part? It’s as convenient to prep as it is to clean up! Recipe & Photo Credit: Tasty. The ultimate in easy comfort, this dish relies on McCormick® Zesty Seasoning to infuse both rice and chicken with hints of lemon, thyme and basil. And the best part? It’s as convenient to prep as it is to clean up! Recipe & Photo Credit: Tasty. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons zesty seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, such as basmati or jasmine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, halved
- Large handful of basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- 2 In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the Zesty Spice Blend, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt, and the pepper. Coat each piece of chicken evenly with seasoning blend. Set aside.
- 3 In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until a golden brown crust forms. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 4 Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, until the onion is translucent and bell peppers are beginning to soften.
- 5 Add the rice and remaining 1 tablespoon of Zesty Spice Blend and stir to coat with the butter and aromatics. Pour in the stock and stir to deglaze the pot. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of salt. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 6 Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the rice. They may sink into the stock slightly.
- 7 Cover the Dutch oven and transfer to the oven. Bake for 35 minutes, until the rice is cooked through, but not mushy, and the chicken temperature reaches 165˚F (75˚C).
- 8 Remove the chicken from the pot. Squeeze the juice from a lemon half into the rice and fluff with a fork, allowing some steam to escape and halt additional cooking.
- 9 Transfer the rice and chicken to plates and top with fresh basil. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges and serve on the side.
- 10 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner